What is healthy eating without healthy snacks? This Lemon Rosemary Organic Popcorn is simple and loaded with flavour. I created this recipe for a recent workshop series that I held with Eastside Fitness here in Vancouver where we talked about fitness, nutrition, lifestyle and how you can incorporate essential oils into your life.
This recipe uses Doterra Essential Oils, which are 50-60% more powerful than herbs making them a great addition to food. I also show you how to make it without essential oils as well.
Remember to use organic popcorn as generic popcorn is 100% genetically modified. This recipe also calls for an optional ingredient called nutritional yeast, an inactive yeast that is loaded with B12 vitamins. It also imparts a cheesy flavor without the dairy! You can read more about nutritional yeast and grab my infamous “Popcorn” Cauliflower recipe here.
½ cup of organic popcorn
3 tablespoons of oil, ideally coconut or avocado (do not use olive oil)
2 drops of doTERRA Rosemary essential oil or 1 tablespoon of chopped fresh Rosemary (use ½ teaspoon of dried). You can also use basil essential oil.
2-4 drops of doTERRA Lemon essential oil OR 1 teaspoon of lemon zest
2 tablespoons of nutritional yeast (optional)
Sea Salt to taste
1) In a pot set on medium/high heat, melt or warm coconut oil for 1 minute.
2) Reserve ½ the oil to the side and add the lemon oil and rosemary to seep into the oil.
3) Add popcorn to the pot and cover. You should start to hear the popcorn popping within a few seconds.
4) Turn off the heat and lift the lid slightly to remove the steam
5) Once the popcorn has stopped popping, in the same pot or a bowl, drizzle the rosemary/lemon-infused oil on top.
6) Sprinkle the sea salt and optional nutritional yeast and serve!
If you are interested in getting your essential oils on, email me at email@example.com!
Now your turn. Have you used essential oils in your cooking? If so, how have you be adding some zip to your meals?