You know that breakfast is my favourite meal. For obvious reasons – it’s fuel for my day. But, in the same token, it has to be light and easy.
That’s where these Almond Acai Berry Clusters come in. Protein is essential for energy and to keep me full and sustained.
My days are busy. Just like you! So that fuel is much needed.
These protein clusters are made with Sambazon Acai Berry packs. Now, acai berry is an awesome superfood. It’s high in vitamin C which is great for your immunity but it’s also great for your skin.
If you can’t get your hands on the Sambazon packs, don’t worry. If you can get your hands on natural pomegranate, cherry or blueberry juice. Just pour out 100 grams of the juice as a substitute.
These packs are also amazing for smoothie bowls and you’ll love the recipe for my Acai Berry Avocado Smoothie Bowl.
I top my coconut vanilla chia seed pudding with these awesome clusters. Get the recipe on my instagram page. If not, top your favourite breakfast oatmeal or yoghurt. These also make a great snack too!
This was adapted from my favourite nutritionist muse, Kimberly Snyder’s recipe on her blog here.
1 packet unsweetened Sambazon acai packet
1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
sprinkle of sea salt
¼ cup unsweetened almond milk
2 Tbs. maple syrup or honey
1 ½ cups sliced almonds (ideally organic)
1 cup of desiccated coconut or coconut flakes
– Blend the Sambazon acai packet, vanilla extract, sea salt, almond milk and sweetener together.
– In a separate bowl, toss together the almonds and coconut flakes, and pour the wet mixture into it and mix until incorporated.
– With a dehydrator: dehydrate at 105 degrees overnight, around 12-14 hours, or until the mixture has dried completely.
– With an oven: spread mixture on a greased baking sheet or parchment lined and bake at the lowest temperature with the door cracked open, about 3+ hours or more (depending on your oven).
– Store in a container in your fridge for about 1 week.