I had to shorten the title to this recipe twice. It is actually a Coconut Banana Berry Almond Breakfast Oatmeal Bake! But, that’s just crazy. I love oatmeal and I prefer either whole or steel cut oats but they do take some time to make every morning. So instead, I decided to bake it, slice it up and either eat room temperature or slightly heated. This is a delicious bake by the way!
President’s Choice (if you live in Canada) provides a lot of organic, gluten free options nowadays. I love these whole raspberries but I especially love their Super Food Blend which has cherries and blueberries in it. Grab a bag if you find it.
This is a egg-less recipe and I added flax to thicken it up for a custard texture but feel free to add an organic egg if you wish.
I served mine with a big dollop of non-diary coconut yoghurt with a sprinkle of cinnamon in it. Deliciousness!
- 2 cups gluten free rolled oats
- ¼ cup coconut sugar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup chopped almonds
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1 cup almond milk
- 1 tablespoon ground flax seed
- coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- 1½ cups frozen raspberries (or fruit of preference)
- 2 bananas sliced
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F. With coconut oil, grease an 8x8 square baking dish and set aside.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the oats, sugar, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and almonds.
- In another medium bowl, whisk together the milks, flax, vanilla, and almond extract.
- Arrange the bananas on the bottom of the baking dish and then top it with the raspberries.
- Sprinkle the oat mixture over the fruit.
- Pour the milk mixture over the oats.
- Gently shake the baking dish to make sure the milk covers everything evenly.
- Bake for 40 minutes, until the top is golden and oatmeal is set.
- Let cool for 10-15 minutes and serve alone or with non-dairy yoghurt.