If you haven’t already guessed it, I love matcha! From this Coconut Vanilla Matcha Smoothie and this Energizing Smoothie to the Vanilla Matcha Lattes I brew at home – I just can’t get enough of the stuff.
Take a look at the benefits:
- high in antioxidants which fights off free radicals
- calming effects due to the amino acid L-Theanine
- boosts memory and concentration
- increases energy making it great for metabolism
- detoxifies due to high levels of chlorophyll
And, if you need a caffeine boost, what makes green tea better than coffee is that it doesn’t jolt your system that coffee has the tendency to do.
The lovely people at Kiss Me Organics noticed I was a matcha-lover and asked me to give their Culinary Grade, USDA Organic Matcha a try. Well, I’ve done smoothies and lattes already so I thought, why not my favourite pre-post snack idea, protein bites a try.
Here’s the thing about matcha (and it’s key to brew the best tea, latte, smoothie and protein bite) – a little goes a long, long way!!! Too much and it’s bitter but just the right amount and it is the most creamy and richest flavour your little taste will savour.
Pop these babies in the fridge and you’ve got yourself a quick to-go snack for the gym or just throughout the day for a great natural boost!
- 1 cup unsweetened shredded coconut (recipe in the instructions) or ¼ cup of coconut butter
- 1 cup raw cashews
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- 6 - 8 dates
- 1.5 teaspoon of organic matcha powder + another tablespoon
- 1 pinch of sea salt
- In a food processor, process the coconut shreds for 2-3 minutes until it becomes coconut butter.
- Add cashews, dates, 1.5 teaspoons matcha powder and sea salt. Process until creamy.
- Add coconut oil until blended.
- Since my coconut oil was soft, I placed it into the fridge for about 20 minutes to harden slightly but still pliable.
- Take about a tablespoon and roll into a ball OR pour into a small dish and cut into bite sized pieces.
- Place the coconut matcha balls into the freezer for about 10 minutes until harden.
- (Optional) Dust the balls with 1 tablespoon matcha.
If you’re looking to get your hands on the Kiss Me Organics Organic Matcha, it is sold exclusively on Amazon.com.
Are you a Matcha-lover like myself? Tell me how you get your matcha on in the comments below!