1 pk of pasta, yielding approx 4 cups cooked noodles
1 bulb of roasted garlic
3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil + 1/4c
1-14 oz tin cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
1 1/2 tsp fresh herbs, chopped
1/4 – 1/3 c unsweetened almond milk
1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
1 tbsp + 1/4 tsp sea salt
1 lb fresh green beans
1 large bunch thin asparagus spears
2 red peppers, cut into 1/4′ thin strips
1. Fill another large pot with water, add 1 tbsp sea salt, and place over high heat (for pasta).
2. In a small saute pan, add garlic (leave two cloves aside for veggies) and 3 tbsp olive oil and carefully saute over medium heat for 3-5 mins until garlic is soft or translucent, then remove from heat to cool somewhat.
3. Place cannellini beans, sauteed garlic in oil, + 1/4 cup additional oil, herbs, lemon juice, and 1/4 tsp sea salt in blender, process until silky smooth. Adjust seasoning as needed or thickness with extra almond milk, yielding a heavy but pourable sauce.
4. Now add pasta to boiling water, cook as directed-may be approx 8-10 mins.
5. I slightly sauteed my veggies in a tsp of olive with two cloves of roasted garlic and set aside.
6. Drain pasta and place in large serving dish, adding steamed veggies and then gently pour creamed bean sauce over and toss carefully, but thoroughly.
7. Serve with crushed pistachio topping. See note below.
1/2 cup raw pistachios, lightly toasted.
1/8 tsp fine sea salt
pinch chilli flakes
finely grated zest of 1/4 lemon
Place all ingredients in blender or food process and grind until chopped but not completely uniform. Sprinkle on top of pasta.