You must, must, must incorporate fermented or cultured vegetables into your diet if you are struggling with your digestion. Do you have skin ailments? A half a cup of sauerkraut or these cultured vegetables before lunch and dinner will help to clear your skin. Major!
The process of cultured vegetables allows the lactobacilli and enzymes to proliferate creating a super food full of minerals and enzymes. This type of food provides our digestive system with necessary enzymes, it helps to remove toxins from our body, provides bacteria for our intestines and is super alkalizing for our body.
- Selection of vegetables such as cabbage, cauliflower, cucumber, beets, asparagus, etc.
- Seasonings (optional) such as chili's, garlic, ginger, whole pepper cloves
- Filtered Water
- Sea Salt
- Clean sterilized glass jars
- Liquid ratio: 1 T of sea salt for every cup of water
- Chop vegetables and place in glass jars
- Layer with seasonings (I chose chili and ginger)
- Cover with the water/salt mixture until covered
- Cover with lid and let sit in a cool, dark area for several days
- Test try a vegetable for desired pickling
- Once ready, store in fridge where it will continue to pickle