Happy belated New Year! I am so looking forward to 2016. The past year had a few bumps along the way. I actually fell asleep at 9:30 pm on New Year’s Eve – what a way to ring in the new year right? And, hope it’s not a sign of what 2016 has in order as I have so many desires for this year.
I should also let you know that I have resumed my studies in nutrition. So as we settle into 2016 and you feel that you need some guidance with your health, I want you to email me NOW! (firstname.lastname@example.org) And, the bonus is that this is a complementary process as it is part of my studies.
I didn’t make any new years resolutions but if you’re interested you might want to take peek at this post where I talk about the book that changed my perspective on goal setting. It’s a real game changer.
Now, onto this post that is totally paleo, grain free and vegetarian. You are going to love this moist Dark Chocolate Walnut Coconut Flour Bread. In a few short weeks, I’m also going to share the best nut butter in the world but I’m still perfecting it!
3 medium ripe bananas, mashed
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup tahini (or a mild nut butter like almond)
2 organic eggs, at room temperature
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/3 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup dark chocolate chips
1/2 cup of walnuts, chopped (or any nut/seed of choice)
– Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a 9×5 inch loaf pan with parchment paper.
– In a bowl, combine mashed bananas, vanilla, eggs and tahini; mix until smooth and well combined.
– In separate bowl, mix together coconut flour, baking soda, baking powder, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt; fold into wet ingredients until combined. Fold in chocolate chip and walnuts.
– Pour batter into prepared pan and smooth top. Bake for 25-35 minutes or until tester inserted into center comes out clean.
– Remove from oven and cool for 20 minutes, remove bread from pan and place on cutting board to cool completely.
Now, tell me, do you have any new years resolutions at all? How are the sticking? Don’t forget to email me if you are looking at any guidance to meet your wellness goals this year!