Honestly, one of my favourite go to meals is a stir fry. It is quick and easy and you can incorporate the most nutrient dense ingredients. What is the best way to detoxify your body? An eating lifestyle that is focused on clean, whole, unprocessed foods (ideally organic) with a few added ingredients that help with detoxification. This Detox Miso Bowl is easy, quick and nutrient loaded – perfect the next day for lunch as well!
I am loving this local market in West Vancouver, BC. It always has a range of organics that are always sourced as close as possible and relatively inexpensive. I was lucky enough to come across these rainbow coloured carrots and lacino/dinosaur kale.
The great thing about a detox bowl is that you can incorporate just about any ingredient. In this case:
– Steamed carrots, cauliflower and broccoli
– Lightly sautéed cremini mushrooms, kale, bean sprouts and onions
– A hefty side of my home made sauerkraut and North Coast Naturals Hemp Hearts (I put this s*!t on everything and the sauerkraut too!)
– A small serving of sprouted brown rice. Why sprouted? Easier to digest, more fibre and more nutrients that your body will love you for.
– A light and simple organic ginger miso dressing which you can omit entirely. However, miso is a terrific addition in an detox as it is loaded with probiotics and it stimulates the secretion of digestive fluids in the stomach.
This bowl follows the practice of proper food combining which has drastically reduced my digestive issues. I read about it in one of my texts through my course in Holistic Nutrition and it really has changed my life. This is the one practice if you are suffering from gas, bloating and even minimal bowel movements that you must start today!
- 1 serving of brown rice
- 1 tablespoon of coconut oil
- Selection of vegetables to steam: broccoli, carrots and cauliflower
- Selection of vegetables to sauté: onions, mushrooms, kale,
- Hemp Seeds to garnish
- 1 tablespoon of organic miso
- 1 teaspoon of chopped ginger
- ½ teaspoon of gluten free soy or tamari
- water to thin out dressing
- A dash of siracha (optional(
- For the dressing, mix all ingredients in a small sauce pan and add a couple of tablespoons to thin it out. Keep warm.
- To assemble the bowl, place warm brown rice at the bottom of a bowl.
- Layer all vegetables and top with warm miso dressing.
- Garnish with hemp seeds.