Are you on Periscope yet? If you’re not, get the app and link to @eatlifebalance. It is a real time app and once uploaded, followers only have about 24 hours to watch it. I’ve been posting how-to recipes, lifestyle advice and general silly musings from my kitchen! It’s a whole ‘lotta fun and an awesome way to connect with all of you.
This recipe for Grain Free Granola is the bomb. No joke. It’s a little crumbly but to my expectations, it worked out perfectly.
I shared the how-to on this recipe on my Periscope page. The key step that I noted in my conversation was that ideally your nuts and seeds should be soaked. It makes the nuts much more digestible and it allows to body to more easily absorb the nutrients contained in the seeds and nuts.
Store this granola in glass jars to make them easier to transport and to leave the delicate nuggets of goodness in tact. Enjoy!
Grain Free Granola Clusters (Paleo // Vegan)
2 cups raw seeds and nuts walnuts
1/2 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1/2 cup tahini or other seed/nut butter
2 tablespoons of chia or hemp seeds
¼ teaspoon cinnamon
¼ teaspoon sea salt
½ teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoons coconut oil
3 tablespoons maple syrup
Optional: 2-4 drops of essential oils (cardamom & ginger)
– Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper.
– Add the nuts/seeds, coconut flakes and chia/hemp seeds, to a mixing bowl.
– In a bowl, combine the rest of the ingredients. Stir or blend until well-combined. Note that this mixture should be very thick.
– Transfer the wet mixture to the bowl with the nuts and seeds. Stir to combine. The mixture will be very thick.
– Turn the mixture out onto the parchment paper and spread into an even layer. Note: it is always ideal to split the granola onto two pans.
– Place on the center rack of the oven and bake for 40-45 minutes, stirring halfway through. Watch closely to ensure it is not burning.
– Remove granola from the oven and allow it to sit for 20-30 minutes in order to allow it to harden. Break into pieces transfer to a large zip lock bag or jar.
– Note: This granola should be refrigerated for best results.
– Enjoy granola with non-dairy milk, yogurt and fresh fruit.