I put this super-easy, super-quick item under desserts and breakfast. If you omit the sugar, you have a perfect potassium charged breakfast. Sprinkle some chia seeds and add some fruit, and away you go.
2 ripe bananas
2 cups almond milk
3 tbsp. arrowroot powder*
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
1 tsp. vanilla
1/4 tsp Stevia (or 2 tsp of cane sugar)
1. Add 1 1/2 cups milk to a sauce pan.
2. Add stevia or sugar to taste.
3. Bring almost to boiling point. While the milk is warming, take the bananas and blend with 1/2 cup of cold milk. Set aside.
4. When the milk is hot, mix 3 tbsp. arrowroot powder with 1/4 of the hot milk.
5. Slowly stir in arrowroot/milk misture, stirring constantly.
6. Boil gently for 5 – 10 minutes until the mixture thickens.
7. Add the banana mixture and walnuts.
8. Stir in vanilla.
9. Serve warm or let cool and serve.
*a healthy thickener similar to cornstarch but more digestible.