YOU GUYS, this is the easiest coconut-based yoghurt that you’ll ever make! No fermenting required yet it is still loaded with probiotics which are essential for gut and immune health.
I literally did the happy dance when I made this recipe and it worked out and tasted great at the same time. And, then I thought, for a $2.00 can of coconut milk, I will never-ever-EVER have to buy store-bought coconut yoghurt again. Savings – PHEW! But, then I also get to control what I put into the yoghurt. And, as you can see, the ingredients are minimal.
This coconut yoghurt is great on it’s own but get crafty and layer it with granola and fruit! Here’s a quick little video to show you how it’s made:
1 – 14 oz can full-fat coconut milk (do not use low-fat)
1 Tbsp agar powder
1 Tbsp tapioca flour
Juice of 1/2 lemon
2 vegan probiotic capsule
1 tsp of vanilla powder or extract
1 Tbsp maple syrup or raw cane sugar (optional)
1) Pour coconut milk into small saucepan and bring coconut milk to a simmer (med-high heat)
2) While the milk is warming, sprinkle agar powder and tapioca flour over 1/2 cup water in small bowl. Mix to dissolve, then add to coconut milk. Whisk to combine.
3) Once the mixture has started to simmer, lower heat to medium-low and continue to simmer for 3 minutes.
4) Pour into glass bowl, and refrigerate for 2-3 hours or until it sets.
5) Once set, spoon gelled coconut milk into food processor or blender. Add lemon juice and 1 cup of water (you can add more water to get the texture that you desire).
6) Add probiotic and sweetener if using, and blend until smooth.
7) Transfer to container or jar and refrigerate. This is best consume within 5-7 days.
Give this recipe a try and let me know how you like it below!