Ohhhhhh, yes! How much fun is this going to be? I love anything coconut and I particularly love the healthy fats that come along with it. These macaroons are an awesome snack, totally kid-friendly but keep in mind, they do need to be refrigerated.
But, both these recipes have a special kick: doTERRA certified pure, therapeutic grade essential oils (don’t worry, I do give you the recipe without the oils too).
What I love the most about doTERRA essential oils is that there are 3 main ways that you can use the oils: aromatically, topically, and the most unique, internally. Totally safe to use internally and a great way to amp up a recipe like this. If you want to explore more about doTERRA products, you can check out my ESSENTIAL OILS page here.
Coconut Protein Macaroons Base
(Makes 12-15 macaroons)
6 cups of organic,unsweetened desiccated coconut flakes
3/4 cup of organic, cold-pressed coconut oil
3 tablespoons of maple syrup (You can used stevia to taste as well)
1 pinch of salt
– Place all ingredients into a processor and process for about 6-8 minutes or until the coconut resembles shredded coconut. The mixture should be moist.
– Split the mixture into two portions. ** See below for measurements for Peppermint Chip and Wild Orange Macaroons.
– Once you have added the flavourings, take about 2 tablespoons and press mixture into muffin tins and chill in the freezer for 15 minutes.
– Macaroons can be popped out with a butter knife.
– Keep frozen or refrigerated.
Mint Chip Macaroon
– add 3 drops of doTERRA Peppermint Essential oil (or peppermint extract to taste) to mixture.
– add 3 tablespoons of raw cacao nibs (or chocolate chips) to mixture.
Wild Orange Macaroon
– add 3 drops of doTERRA Wild Orange Essential Oil (or zest of 1 teaspoon of orange zest) to mixture.
– add 1/3 teaspoon of vanilla.
– top with goji berries for a little colour.
I can’t wait for you to try these – they’re amazing and healthy all rolled up into one! While you’re here, have you used essential oils before?