I love oatmeal. It is so incredibly versatile and it takes on whatever flavours you put along with it. This is an overnight oatmeal where the oats are soaked along side the liquid of your choice, ideally a non-dairy milk. It is clearly a lot easier than standing over a stove watching it cook, but it is also nutritionally denser as it is not cooked out the traditional way.
- 1/3 rolled oats
- 3/4 cup of unsweetened almond milk
- 2 tablespoons of flax meal
- 1 ripe banana, mashed. The banana will turn brown overnight but it is still delicious
- 1/4 teaspoon of pure vanilla
- A few dashes of cinnamon
- A scoop or two of almond buter
Directions: mix all ingredients together and leave overnight. The next day, top with some nut butter.