I love lemons! Who doesn’t, right? They’re bright, tangy and bursting with flavour.
They are also the epitome of Spring in my eyes. Even though I start every morning with the squeeze of a lemon in my water, I’m especially drawn to the flavours as we get closer and closer to warmer weather.
Lemons are incredibly alkalizing and they have an amazing ability to cleanse the system by helping to remove toxins. They’re also high in vitamin C which helps to keep our immune system strong during allergy season and our skin nice and bright and healthy.
These Raw Vanilla Lemon Bars are perfect.
Simple to make.
The perfect mid-day snack.
1 cup of almond flour / ground almonds
3/4 cup of dates
1 lemon, juice and zest
1 tsp of vanilla bean powder or pure vanilla extract
1 pinch of sea salt
1 cup of shredded, unsweetened coconut flakes
1) Process the first 5 ingredients in a food processor until sticky
2) Add coconut flakes and process until incorporated
3) Pour ingredients in a 8X8 baking dish and press firmly until set
4) Refrigerate for 1 hour and cut into bars
5) Store in fridge for 1 week or in freezer for two months