Looking for increase energy, mental clarity, clearer skin or maybe improved digestion? I’ve been an avid juicer and smoothie junkie for a over 5 years now and those are some of the many results I have experience. If you want to tap into your most radiant self, focusing on plant-based juices and smoothies are where it at people!
Leanne Vogel from the Healthful Pursuit was kind enough to send over a copy of her new e-book Vibrant Life Cleanse Program & Cookbook. If you don’t know Leanne, she is a holistic nutritionist (the same program I am studying, in fact) and she is known for creating empowering cookbooks and resources that show just how simple it is to fall in love with life especially if you are living with food allergies.
You may already be a juicer or perhaps you’re a newbie or perhaps you are taking my suggestion for optimal wellness and choosing to incorporating one smoothie or juice into your life. The Vibrant Life Cleanse Program & Cookbook can help and become your juice and smoothie guidebook.
– there are over 55 dairy-free, vegan and gluten-free juice and smoothie recipes waiting for you. Frankly, I needed a refresh on my juices and smoothies, just in time for spring/summer.
– you don’t need a juicer to make juice! Leanne shows you how you can benefit from juicing with out making an expensive investment (note: if you decide to incorporate juicing into your life for the long term, a juicer is a terrific investment).
– the juices in the cleanse programs are affordable. We get so caught up in the vast array of powders and super foods but juicing fresh, ideally organic vegetables and fruits is the best investment you can make on your body.
– the book includes programs for 7, 9, and 11 day cleanses so you don’t have to do the work of planning.
– each program is targeted to those that may be new to juicing, dabbled into it intermittently or like myself, a juice junkie! I prefer green based smoothies, less on the fruit and there are ample recipes to suit every individuals needs.
My husband’s favourite was the C-Punch (seen above). The biggest and best trick in the book is to incorporate some of your children’s favourite fruits and stuff it full of spinach. It works on my husband like a charm!
I actually took it upon myself to try a few of the juices over a period of three days. I even took Leanne’s suggestion of freezing my juices in advance. Yikes! But, it works and retains most of the nutrients.
Leanne was nice enough to allow me to share a recipe from the Vibrant Life Cleanse Program and Cookbook so I decided to share my favourite, Diamond in the Rough (seen above). Here’s the recipe:
- 6 kale leaves
- 1 cup of fresh pineapple chunks
- ¼ cup of fresh cilantro
- 1 lime, peeled
- ½ cucumber, peeled
- Using your juicer, juice ingredients in the order they are listed.
- Transfer to a glass and serve immediately.
- No juicer? No problem. Blend all ingredients in a blender and strain through a fine mesh strainer.
As the title to this post reads “activate your most radiant self”, juicing and cleansing can help you create just that. Perhaps radiance feels like improved digestion. Maybe it feels like increased energy (aren’t we always wanting more energy?). Or, maybe it is simply knowing you are putting the highest quality nutrients in your hot, hot body!
Well, the Vibrant Life Cleanse Program and Cookbook will help you do just that. Grab a glass and get ready to take better care of yourself and discover what healthy really feels like. Get the book here!